Thank You Note Etiquette and Wording
So, it's the aftermath of your wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, baby shower, or getting out of prison party. You have dozens of wonderful gifts, but need a little help writing thank-you notes. That's where Luscious Verde, purveyor of fine custom stationery, steps in with our handy-dandy guide to writing thank-you notes. We know how time-consuming it can be, so hopefully this will help. Just choose one phrase from each group (as well as a closing), and before you know it, a sincere thank-you note will be written and ready to send. Remember, according to the rules of etiquette, thank-you notes should be send out within 30 days of your special occasion.
- Your attendance at my event really meant a lot to me.
- I am so glad you were able to celebrate my event with me.
- I am so sorry that you were unable to attend my event.
- I can tell you put a lot of thought into picking out (the gift).
- Thank you so much for (the gift)! I have already used it/worn it -- and I love it!
- Thank you for your gift/your generous gift/your extremely generous gift.
- I sincerely appreciate your generous donation to (charity) in honor of my event.
- I look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks again!
- It was so nice of you to honor me on this special day.
- I/we plan to put your gift towards (blank), which I/we have been saving for for quite some time!
- It means a lot that you would travel so far to be with me/us for our event.
- Many thanks,
- Your friend,
For more info, check out this nifty guide.